PI: Asst. Prof. Evan K. Wujcik, Ph.D., M.B.A., B.S., S.M.AIChE
Mr. Yang Lu - PhD Candidate
MEAN Lab Alumni
Funding & Collaborations
MEAN Lab Research Areas
Materials Science & Engineering
Engineering Ethics and Commuication (ENGR5331)
Graduate Professional Seminar (CHEN6110)
Process Dynamics & Control (CHE 493)
Industrial Chemistry (CHE 325)
Momentum Transport (CHEN3311)
Undergraduate Professional Seminar (CHEN2140)
Standard Operating Procedures
Research Student Resources
Why Tuscaloosa, AL USA?
FINAL EXAM - Nanotechnology for Sensors
Indicates required field
1) Nanotechnology is the study of technology on the ______ meter scale.
2) The first uses of nanotechnology date back to _____.
the isolation of C60
the Lycurgus cup
a CalTech APS Meeting
the popularization of CNTs
the isolation of Graphene
3) What is an analyte?
the device used to detect a tangible change
the quantity or specimen being measured or detected
the method of recognition of specific compound
the mechanism that converts detection for a readable signal
4) Nanoscience and nanotechnology contribute to the following field:
all of the above
5) Lithography is an example of a _______ fabrication method.
6) TEM produces a ____ micrograph.
7) The above image is illustrating a(n) __________.
8) The above image was taken with a(n) ___________.
Transmission Electron Microscope
Scanning Electron Microscope
Atomic Force Microscope
9) Check all ranges of the EM spectrum in which the radiation is ionizing.
10) EDX can tell you about a material's _____. (Check all that apply.)
elemental make up
11) The above nanosensor can be classified as a ______. (Check all that apply.)
12) The above CNT is of what orientation?
13) ________ is(are) refereed to as "the mother of all graphitic forms."
14) The above image was taken with a(n) ______.
15) Advantages of nanosensors include _______. (Check all that apply.)
lower power required
less expensive equipment needed
How else can nanosensors, and nanotechnology in general, be advantageous for humanity.
16) How could these fields be disadvantageous to humanity?
The views expressed on this site are those of Professor Wujcik and do not necessarily represent the views of The University of Alabama, Lamar University, the funding agencies/sources, or the collaborators listed.
© meanlaboratory.com. All rights reserved.